Microturbine-fired Absorption Chillers
Absorption chillers are energized by flue gas or hot water to provide chilled water for air conditioning systems or industrial cooling applications.
- Packages designed to reduce engineering, installation, and maintenance costs
- Modular construction
- Interior or exterior applications
- Supplied as a chiller or a chiller heater
- Fluids – Lithium bromide, water, or ammonia vapor
- Single hermetic pump controls solution flow
- Built in shutdown controls
- Ideal for a two pipe hydronic system in which chilled water or hot water is circulated to a central air handling unit or multiple fan coil units
The absorption chiller or chiller-heater uses a solution of lithium-bromide, water, or ammonia vapor, under a vacuum, as the working fluid. Water is the refrigerant and lithium bromide, a nontoxic salt, is the absorbent. Refrigerant, liberated by heat from the solution, produces a refrigerating effect in the evaporator when cooling water is circulated through the condenser and absorber.